Sunday, March 16, 2008

hallmark workshop


So the workshop is done and over with.... I guess now I have to work on everything I've been putting off for the past 3 days. Oi. Anyways, the workshop was an amazing experience. We critiqued everyones ideas for the first to days, then yesterday we set to work. The assignment was to concept three different ideas for celebrating or sharing a special occasion. The one i went with was something I would give Mike after we got engaged. It would be a set of three books. One a cookbook (all handmade by me) with some recipes, room to write the experience of the recipe and then space for new recipes we use, find or create together. The second book would be a spice book,containing the most common used spices, what to do with them, shelf life and some fun facts and history. The third book will be about herbs and along the same lines as the spice book. Also I will give him the actual spices in magnetic tins that go on metal bars for the kitchen. On the back of the tins I will make labels for a quick reference for that spice, what dishes to put it in and all that...

1 comment:

Kendra Melton said...

i like how you set up the concept page, there are some sentence errors but overall it's explained well and easy to understand. I like the stylized herb thing on the mock herb page, it's very fun.