Monday, September 29, 2008

uuuuuuh update?



I'm trudging along on the food piece...

image number one (top)- some more food was added, plus a bit of texture.

image number 2 (middle)- is me being annoyed with black and white (because it's hard for me for some reason) and I put it in color to help me see it. Yes, I know, I'm backwards, but that's ok, color is my good ol friend.

image number 3 (bottom)- is the color version in grayscale via photoshop. I'd like to add the texture from the top image to this one whenever I get an approval of my composition.

comment and crits are much needed :)

thanks kids!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the colour one! would it still make sense to have colour, but really desaturated, so there's only a hint of it?

Kendra Melton said...

fun! You don't notice it so much on the color but on the greysale (#3) The olive and the strawberry are about the same value. I'd try brightening up the red then it will pop away from the olive and you'll be able to read the seeds even easier. I really love the colors on the blue fish but wish the colors were incorporated more in the whole piece. The more warm blue of the fish and the cool blue of the flower and swirl are kind of on their own. And thinking about that i just notice the carrot is the only orange thing in there. I would try to knock it down or fudge the hue a bit more to flow with the rest of the piece or add a little orange in other places. Good luck, it's looking very cute. In case you want to control eye movement, I pretty much go from the strawberry to the peas to the watermelon to the flower. I think it's a pretty smooth flow for such an involved piece. :]

Sandra Lucia said...

your just rockin this year!!!